This week we wanted to have a much needed chill episode with fellow podcasters, OKAY SIS! These two ladies are amazing. On this episode we discuss their background and why they started their own podcast. Fun fact: they are REAL sisters. Be sure to listen to this fun episode now by CLICKING HERE. Then head back over to these show notes.
Mady & Scout are two sisters who come from a similar religious background as us aka nice Jewish girls. They grew up in a very open minded home in San Diego and went through their fair share of family drama including break ups, mental health as well as divorce.
Scout actually had her own podcast and she felt as if she was missing something. So she asked Mady randomly to do a podcast episode together. Something clicked for both of them and they just started feeling closer to each other once they decided to collab. They launched two years ago (Fun fact: the day this episode was recorded was their two year anniversary!). Their podcast is in a nutshell about sisters speaking to their girl crushes. What sets them apart? They make every guess feel like they are a part of their family.
During COVID, they became more in tune with their own needs. Scout and Mady are both very big on clean beauty and wellness. They enjoy working out for mental clarity, playing with a variety of supplements and foods, and using skincare products that their skin agrees with!
♡ Changes during COVID
- Now found the opportunity to connect with other people virtually
- Lost the opportunity of meeting people in person
- Swear by ordering Whole Foods via Amazon (if you're not doing it, where have you been?)
- Opportunity to travel between LA and San Diego
♡ Future Plans
- Initiate live events
- Continue to grow their community
♡ Secret Tips
- there are so many that we will list our top faves:
- Everyone needs to go to therapy (whether or not you have an underlying condition)
- Move your body everyday (30-45 minute walk)
- Journal and meditate daily
- Read as much as you can
- Listen to the RIGHT podcasts (depending on the time of day)
- Curate your MOOD daily
- Find the routine that works for you and PERSONALIZE it, basically Create Rituals
- Pharmacogenomic testing - studies how your genes metabolize various medications
- Be an advocate for yourself
♡ Recommended Reads
♡ Where to Find OkaySis?
That's all for this week, don't forget to leave us feedback, rate, review, subscribe and send in your questions so we can continue to improve as well as, provide you high quality content.
Disclaimer: The Content on our podcast/website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.