Updated: Mar 25, 2020
This week we wanted to do an episode that was similar to a podcast we were on recently! Basically, we were asked to go head to toe regarding products or whatever we use for different parts of our bodies so we thought why not do something similar for our own show so without further due here are our beauty tips...
Starting with the...
We went from washing our hair from every 2 days to extending it as long as possible (honestly, three days for washing hair should be good enough). I personally don't like dry shampoos but Adelynn loves them. So it really is just a personal preference of what you want to do to maintain it. We also workout so you want to alternate that with the days you wash your hair.
Adelynn's Dry Shampoo options:
This dry shampoo is super clean and doesn't leave a chalky residue
THE SEPHORA BRAND
So the one I use is out of stock currently :( but this from the same line so worth trying it out!
Ok, I love this dry shampoo and it is a splurge so I only use it on special occasions. Not everyday type of thing if you know what I mean!
This is my every day go to and it also comes in mini size which is ahhh-mazing!
A natural one is obviously the best way to go (you can always go a DIY route and look it up online) but there are other options as well Olaplex No. 3 Hair mask. My hairstylist recommended this hair mask to me and I love it! You need to be consistent with it to fully see results (just a little secret tip). You can use this whether or not you color your hair.
♡ Coconut oil (Sam uses them on her tips but you can use it all over your head soaking it into your roots as an overnight mask... good luck getting it out of your hair haha)
♡ Get your haircuts ladies. Seriously, once every 3 months is a MUST even though I've been so busy that I'm going on my fourth month now.
♡ Scalp massages anyone? Don't forget those but also don't overdo it.
Shampoo's that Sam uses:
Love using the Oribe Shampoo & Oribe Conditioner. Another brand that I use intermittently is the Olaplex Shampoo & Olaplex Conditioner. Since I don't have colored hair at the moment, it drys my hair out a little bit when I use it on a daily basis. Philosophy body wash and shampoo is the one I use this during those random days.
Adelynn's Morning Routine:
1. I may or may not double cleanse depending on the day (double cleansing means using an oil-based cleanser followed by a regular foaming cleanser) Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam
Pair it with the Foreo Cleansing Brush:
2. Good molecules toner with my favorite Silken wipes that I get on Amazon.
3. Some sort of serum - Good Molecules peptide serum is the bomb!
5. Eve Lom Facial Oil
6. Finally put on the Tatcha SPF
Samantha's Morning Routine:
1. Usually mix my routine up, because I don't really like to use the same products.
2. In the morning I won't double cleanse and I will use the Kiehl's foaming cleanser
(Side note: while on vacation I actually wash my face just with water)
3. Kiehl's corrective dark spot solution or the Ole Henriksen truth serum, moisturizer, and eye cream set:
4. Over that, I put the Argan moisturizer
5. If I'm wearing makeup ill use my foundation over the moisturizer.
Other fun things some days you can use an ice roller to de-puff and if you have time you can even jade roll! Adelynn loves these routines.
Adelynn's Night Routine:
1. At night definitely double cleanse! Sulwhasoo Cleansing Oil + Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam. Pair it with the Foreo Cleansing Brush.
4. The oil I switch to for nighttime with the Sunday Riley vitamin c oil with turmeric
5. You can jade roll at this time as well!
Tip: when washing your face recycle small little white towels (Don't use the same one in the morning that you will use at night and vice versa). You can get a bunch for a very low price at any store like Amazon, Marshalls, TJmaxx, etc.
Samantha's Night routine:
1. The Kiehl's foaming cleanser (as above) or the oil cleanser (sometimes using both in combo)
2. On the days I wear makeup I'll use the Tatcha white foaming enzyme cleanser to really get that makeup off (if you get dry this will make you dry so beware, there are different strengths sold as well).
3. After that I always use a toner but I switch between our Good Molecules Toner and the ordinary ones
4. Following the toner I use a peptide serum (again either the ordinary vs Good Molecules peptide serum)
5. Following either the ordinary moisturizer versus the Good Molecules Exfoliating Treatment 2-3 times a week
6. Some days I will skip number 5 and opt for a mask, or the Kiehl's midnight recovery oil versus the Watermelon Glow Recipe AHA/BHA, among others.
If you haven't noticed I'm a big fan of mixing products because when I use the same ones for too long my skin breaks out!
Overall, you want to try to find products that have clean ingredients, are silicone-free and don't clog up your pores. You have to figure out ways to do facial manipulation (you know why right? Because we all want to avoid botox for as long as we can). Use a jade roller whenever you have the time, we get it because we also don't have time but you have to find me time and remember consistency is key. If you don't use a jade roller then use your own hands. Whatever you gotta do to get that blood flowing!
Adelynn typically uses face masks two to three times a week and for me, it just depends more so on the week. We do love a sheet mask (cheap or expensive they all go a long way) these include charcoal masks, Patchology sheet masks, etc.
Samantha's Sunday is the day for face masking and taking care of your face. Sundays are the time for my jade roller or my at-home microneedling device.
You can tell a woman's age by her hands! So here are our recommendations:
1. Get some gloves before your gel mani.
2. Put SPF on your hands before driving it's so good for you! Try this Super Goop Moisturizer and SPF.
3. Moisturize always! It's so important especially for us because we use hand sanitizer all day every day in the hospital (germs are gross but so is dryness so use both).
We recently found out about Touchland and it's so cute! My favorite flavor is the watermelon one and it's so big that everyone wants to know about it.
Get yours here: Touchland Watermelon Hand Sanitizer
For the rest of the body now:
Dry brushing.. people swear by it but personally I'm not crazy about it. But, we will say if you had issues with lymphatics or trying to get your blood flowing it's great but I can't wrap my head around the dryness and irritation the dry brushing causes on my skin haha. But we do both want to try a lymphatic facial massage because it looks amazing. So do this as part of your own personal preference!
Dry Brushes you need to try
Now don't forget to use all the products that you put on your face to extend down to your neck and even onto your chest or cleavage. SO IMPORTANT! DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR NECK.
After a nice shower get that vitamin E oil and massage it through your entire body as it helps with wound healing, scars, soothing the skin, etc. We get ours from the Trader Joe brand!
Don't forget your feet: A pedicure is key! Go to good places that use clean, sterile utensils. And once in a while a foot mask or a foot massage can go a long way. I put Vitamin E on my feet and Adelynn will be trying the Patchology foot masks soon! We will give you a review once we do.
Wow writing these show notes makes me want to go put on a face mask. Going to do that now, that's all for this week. BYEEEEE! Don't forget to leave us feedback, rate, review, subscribe and send in your questions so we can continue to improve as well as, provide you high quality content!
Disclaimer: The Content on our podcast/website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.